Download our campaign pack today or call us for printed copy on 01543 442152
Listen To Our Lungs
We want every GP practice in the UK to know the five signs and sounds to look out for with pulmonary fibrosis and what to do next.
Our recent survey of patients revealed that more than a third of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (the most common form of pulmonary fibrosis) are misdiagnosed and almost half not diagnosed correctly within six months of visiting their GP with symptoms.
We want to change this.
What can I do?
1. Write to GP surgeries in your area with the personalised template
- Northern Ireland – https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/gp-practices
- Wales – https://www.nhsdirect.wales.nhs.uk/LocalServices
- Scotland – https://www.nhsinform.scot/scotlands-service-directory/gp-practices
- England – https://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search
Help raise awareness of the symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis. Print this poster and take it to your local surgery.
3. Listen To Our Lungs
Does your local GP surgery have any trainees or junior doctors that would benefit from listening to your lungs?
4. Contact your local and regional media about the campaign
5. Fundraise for Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis
Please let us know if you’ve contacted any of the above so we can monitor our campaign by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
IPF World Week – 16 – 22nd September
You could get involved in the campaign at any time in September but you may want to focus on the special week that highlights Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis – the most common and aggressive form of the disease which has no known cause.
IPF World Week is September 16-22. It is spearheaded by The European Idiopathic and Related Disorders Federation (EU-IPFF) in collaboration with charities and patient associations – including Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis – across Europe.
Here is a link to the APF Patient Survey Report –
https://www.actionpulmonaryfibrosis.org/2019/hiddenkiller/ – this link shows the evidence of misdiagnosis and late diagnosis.