Whether it’s running a race, to fancy dress, to cake sales, we’ve got the fundraising idea for you. Get in touch with Sharon on "> for information and advice.
To help make your event a success you can contact us for merchandise. Please order by 1st August at the latest in time for a 30th August delivery.
Here are just a few fun ideas for September.
Sell for Action!
Clear out those cupboards. There are lots of unwanted items just gathering dust in everyone’s home. Why not ask friends and family to contribute some of their items and sell them on eBay or have a garage sale.
Eat for Action!
A vintage afternoon tea in your garden is a lovely way to enjoy a warm (hopefully) September afternoon and to raise funds and awareness. Get out the china tea cups and start baking.
Get the kids involved!
Many schools have ‘charity days’ where your children or grandchildren can donate for a cake or a wristband or dress down for the day. Why not organise a ‘wear something purple’ day in September? This is a great way to raise awareness of pulmonary fibrosis with younger people and raise funds.
Ask family & friends to get active!
- People living with PF will know that doing simple things becomes harder over time. But there is no shortage of family and friends who like to get active and fundraise at the same time. Here is a list of events that you could suggest to them in September.
- Abseil the North Orbit: http://arcelormittalorbit.com/whats-on/abseiling/ any date in September.
- Marathons, half marathons, 10K’s and 5K’s and triathlons near you: https://findarace.com
- The colour run: https://thecolorrun.co.uk 7/21/28 Sept around the UK.
- Thames Path Challenges: https://www.thamespathchallenge.com/ walk anything from 10K to 100K over the 7/8th Sept
Supermarket Charity of the Month
Nominate APF to be ‘charity of the month’ in your local supermarket. Pop into your local store and find out how to apply. There may be a wait, so nominate APF as early as possible. It’s a great way to raise £300+ and raise awareness with local shoppers.
Sing for Action!
We know many of you love to sing at your support group meetings. Why not turn your September meeting into a singsong with a light lunch? Open it up to friends and family and get someone to organise music and songs. Ask for donations on the day. Contact for help with your event.
Sending money to APF after your event
Please use the reference: PFMonth so we can tally up the total and let you know how much we all raised.
There are a number of ways you can collect/pay in donations and these are as follows:
Directly into the APF Bank account:
Bank Name: CAF Bank Ltd
Name: Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis
Account No: 00023412
Sort Code: 40-52-40
Send cheques to:
Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis
C/o Executive Business Support
Set up a Just Giving account by following this link:
The money comes directly to APF and no fees are charged to the charity
Please order all merchandise by 1st August at the latest in time for a 30th August delivery.