Bristol Support Group
The Bristol Pulmonary Fibrosis Support Group
Our meetings combine a mix of information and practical advice. Anyone affected by pulmonary fibrosis are welcomed, patients, carers, family members and friends.
Past talks have included:
- Lung Function – where we learned about the tests we all undergo
- Living with PF from the Head of the Psychology unit-an update on latest research into PF
- Help for carers – a talk by Age UK
- An update on research into PF and treatments by our resident pharmacist
- Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis- information about how the charities is working to support patients
Our meetings are attended by various members of the Respiratory Team at Southmead Hospital who come along to help and give advice and support. The ability to get to know staff outside of the usual hospital environment makes visits to clinic far less stressful. This has been particularly useful during the move to our amazing new Brunel Building – a state of the art brand new hospital for Bristol.